sábado, 18 de janeiro de 2014

The Weekend...

Hi there!
I love weekends and this one could not have started better. As I've already said, I've been dog sitting my boss' dog. Today got up at 7.30 am, went for a walk with the dog, came back, brushed it's hair. Then it had breakfast, some cereal with Evian water, "comme d'hab". I had my breakfast, pancakes with some butter and honey... love it! black coffee and some fruit... I think the first meal of the day is very important.
Then went to take a shower while the dog played outside with it's toys and ran around the park... because it's saturday there was no one around, all was peaceful and quiet! Bliss!
From my bedroom window I could see the happy dog running around as if it knew it's owner would come any minute to take it home... to the civilization!
I dried my hair, put on my riding clothes to go play with the dog (I haven't got a poney yet on the park!). As I came downstairs again I served myself another cup of coffee before going outside to face the cold weather. I'm going to miss this dog, I went outside to make up for all the time the dog would be gone... missing it allready! My house is spotless, as usual and I had no cares in this world... Life is good! Now, the dog is gone, my boss is gone and I'm sitting here, in my cosy living room, writing my blog and having a drink... after all it is the weekend!

NOW LET ME TELL YOU HOW MY DAY REALLY WAS!

Got up feeling tired because I didn't go to bed very early yesterday (and whose fault is that?). Got downstairs using the same clothes as yesterday because I knew I would get dog hair all over me! My husband had already taken the dog for a walk (or the other way around I never know!) and had turned the coffee machine on (oh! it smelled so good!).
The dog ate and was all over the place, I gave up and just let the door opened, it smelled of wet dog so I thought I might as well leave the door and the windows open, too! I worked all morning but useless to clean downstairs as the dog wouldn't stay still!
Finally my boss arrived, made a tour through the big house, went to lunch at a nearby restaurant and left the dog (I was hyperventilating at this point thinking it might not go home today yet!). But it did, the gate wasn't closed yet and I was already busy dusting, cleaning, vacuuming, pushing all the furniture around not to miss a spot... incense and candles everywhere... it started to feel like home (here I'd like to write the following... my house had dog hair everywhere because I didn't even have a brush to comb it, I'm sure, as I know people who have dogs, and their houses are always clean and don't smell of dogs, but I have no experience in this domaine so I didn't do much because I figured it wasn't worth it until the dog finally left!, but that is just me, I don't know any better. Although something tells me I'd better start to find out as I might have the dog more than I wished for!).
So, as a treat (for me) I decided to take a bath, with real bath salts, wash my hair... all that I deserved. So off I went, took out my contact lens, started filling the bathtub (tried not to think too much about the quantity of water I was wasting, not that I had to pay for it but for environmental reasons!). Got in the tub, wetted my hair, shampoed it, but somehow the shampoo wasn't making any foam so I put some more... still nothing... damn it! I was washing my hair with conditioner, s...., put the shampoo over the conditioner and then it happened... yes I needed to pee! I never, ever have a bath, always take showers, but today, after having had the dog for a whole week, cleaning and recleaning, had my first bath and... I didn't pee before going in. I opened the tub so the water would run out and started to wash out the shampoo as quickly as I could to get out and pee... I wasn't sure I'd make it, but I had too, I couldn't just pee in the tub... the next ten seconds I spent washing my body and finishing my hair seemed like ten minutes... BUT I MADE IT! Oh yeah! Got out just in time to pee... in the toilet! (this will help me remember to never take a bath again!)
It's my life...

A bientôt

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário