domingo, 12 de janeiro de 2014

Dimanche (not by the sea!)

Hi there, today is a good day!
I love my sundays spent at home sleeping late in the morning, have my pj's on all day, having a brunch, drink lots of coffee, read the paper, look at some pages and blogs on the web... Yes, that would be an even greater day! if it happened, but no sire!
Today I'm dog sitting, just until wednesday! That means getting up early so I can take the dog outside for its morning walk, who cares if it's below zero and foggy... Although we have a park as a backyard and this once, just this once I would happily let the dog do his business and then go and pick it up later, no, it's a city dog, it has to have it's leach to go about and do its business... (hopefully no one about at that time of the day!) Got home, had breakfast (not me, the dog), and ran happily through the park as if there was no tomorrow (not really, while I tried to drink my coffee the dog jumped up and down around me almost making me spill all of it)! But she's gorgeous and I can't stay made at her and can't even get her to obey me, much to the despair of my boss (her owner!).
I finally sat down with my husband to have a wonderful breakfast, toast, jam, coffee, freshly made orange juice... (right! as if that was possible! coffee, yesterday's bread and... that's it!) Then I decided to go and work on my crafts... because I felt so inspired by my surroundings and the fact that I just felt so fresh and alive (I'm lying! I dragged myself up the stairs made my bed, didn't bother to wash my face or brush my teeth (got you, yes I brushed my teeth and washed my face because I usually do that right after I make my bed and today hadn't even realized I was doing it! the habit! otherwise I wouldn't have done it).
Then, and because my husband knows I have backaches, he made me a massage, oohh, it felt so good (right!). My eldest son just convinced him to have a page so he could send him lives (you know what I mean! those of you who don't have lives, sometimes...) now he doesn't want anything else, spends all his time on the computer and I can't work, read my blogs, play my games, because let's face it,  I have been playing for a long time... he has just started! I should have more computer time than him! But we are a very functional family so at lunch time I set the table with my linen tablecloth (my mothers gift) and the nice plates, monogramed, water and wine glasses and at 1300 hours we were sitting at the table... (NO! I'm getting carried away again, sorry!) At 1300 hours someone shouted, what are we having for lunch? You know, between games, dogs, blogs and TV who has the time to think about eating? Better yet, about making something to eat? I refused to go and make lunch excusing myself with the fact that I had to take care of a dog... and it's a big responsibility! (and no, I'm not kidding, they want to eat? they make it!). We finally had some leftovers for lunch, I think... like a pik-nik, inside, with very cold weather and a dog jumping up and down... don't get me wrong, I love animals but I'm just not used to having animals inside my house. I have the feeling that there's always dog hair everywhere and there's a smell (lots of candles everywhere!), but I'll get used to it! And it's time to get the dog out again... she's here looking at me as if saying... "you gonna be long!" (but in french, I suppose! French dogs bark in french?!)

By the way, found these blogs that I started following...

A bientôt



Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário