quinta-feira, 30 de janeiro de 2014

And Life continues...

Hi there!
This has been a good week! (I like saying/writing that because if I do it enough it becomes true!).
I've been spending sometime in the park, pruning trees! It is fun and I do like spending time outside... it's so relaxing, although it's very cold and that... well you get used to it that's all.
I've also been busying myself with lots of reading on budgeting and meal planning... I'd like to say that I found a place that sells bread at 0,47€ a french stick bread! (ok, they are not very tasty and they are very white... and I really don't like it!) It goes all against the things I've been reading and my better half keeps telling me that he is "not willing" to stop eating fresh bread for breakfast because we can spend 15€ a month instead of 30€! And that his dream is not to get rich and that he doesn't plan to live eternally, so, while he does live he wants to eat his bread... he's ok about meatless dinners but not about the bread! I suppose I can cut on meat expensives and have bread instead...
I know it's ridiculous but it is an example (and a real dispute that ended only yesterday as we did our weekly/monthly shopping!), and I must admit he is right! I'm a girl that likes her brand bags, nice shoes and clothes and who likes to travel and get her hair and nails done... but I'm also a girl who (had to learn to)prioritises. If I must not eat meat for a whole month to get a new pair of shoes... I will not do it! If it takes me three or four months to get it I'll wait or just forget about it all together. On the other hand if I have to not eat meat or bread for a week to buy a magazine I really want, I will do it! Because I'm just not a sacrificing person who likes to cut on eating and mind you I almost always cook from scratch, I pay attention to prices but I refuse to get quantity and not quality. And while I do believe that in some ingrédients and foods we do get exactly the same thing wether we buy a brand leader or a shop brand good, bread, for instance is not really the same... (I'll get out of bread now, because it's allready irritating me and I am the one writing about it!)
So, to cut a long story short, when I budget and make a meal plan it works... but then I don't do it and it doesn't work so well! It's like being "wonderwoman", I once read the following (or something like it) "People sometimes ask me how do I do it! I'm the perfect business woman, wife, mother, housewife... well, I'm not. When I'm a good mother my husband does not get the attention he wants, when I'm a wife (a reeeeaaaaally good wife, my kids don't get all my attention and I run late for work and we might have frozen pizza for dinner!" I sincerelly don't remember where I read this, but I was thinking about all the organizing and planning and it's exactly what I feel... it just depends on how much effort I put into things and how much sleep I really need (and believe me I need my sleep! and I'm a morning person!)... promise to keep you posted on the subject...
You might ask how the dispute about bread came to an end yesterday... Yeah, I gave in, hey, would you rather be right or be happy? I chose HAPPINESS!

A bientot

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário