Why! Oh why!
I've been reading about frugal living for about 6 years, I try to put some of the ideas I read about into practice but... I must be doing something wrong as I never follow through my plans and usually give up!
I live in Europe and for the last couple of years I really had to change my lifestyle big time, including leaving my country to find work somewhere else. It's true that "back in the olden days" I could have put into practice lots of the things I read... Not the case today! For example, cut on eating out - don't have the money to go eat out! Cut on hairdresser - can't afford to go! Don't get coffee at the coffee shop everyday - say what now? Don't even remember the last time! Cut on clothes - what? I'm wearing everything I owned for at least 5 years! (Actually I did get a new sweater for Christmas as a present!). So unfortunatly the ideas are great but not practical for me as I don't spend any money on said things! I mean, I always cook from scratch, ok, I do spend some money on sparkling water, but always the cheapest on the store! I always buy store brand as we are not big on coupons here and groceries are very expensive! I'm also lucky enough to live in the country and have lots of vegetables given to me by my lovely neighbors! We always had meatless meals as we love pasta with tomato sauce, not ketchup!
I am committed to the 31 days no spending spree, as I like to call it! Is this going to be the year I make it and will it work? I'm afraid I'm losing it against and I just don't know how many times I have to mess up and not make ends meet until I finally realize I really have to commit!
A bientot
Nenhum comentário:
Postar um comentário